Tuesday, January 6, 2009

sad sigh

Samantha's on her way back to Wichita now. One more semester of college and then who knows where the world's going to take her! Stew-pit world! :-)

Things I learned this evening: You can't safely cry while driving in Indianapolis evening rush hour traffic! We had some freezing rain this morning and it was just slush on the way to the airport but coming home it was starting to get just a little nasty again so combine that with a gajillion cars and crying makes it difficult to see!

The other thing I learned was don't call Mary if you want to be lied to! Seriously though I knew she'd understand when I said "This sucks!".

I just know it's not quite 8 pm and I'm ready for bed. I just feel drained and don't feel like talking to people even if they're family and I love them! It's not the going into the hidey-hole feeling but the I'm exhausted and would you please just leave me alone tonight feeling. And there IS a big difference between the two!

In good news I was a reluctant volunteer to help chaperone a girl scout camping trip this week-end (cabins, even I'm not crazy enough to volunteer for tents in the snow in January!) but the girl:adult ratio is going to be such that they don't need me to go! I shouldn't be as happy about that as I am probably but I'm very happy! And Katie's glad I'm not going too...not sure how I should take that! I've chosen to take it as since I've been her leader or co-leader every year until this year that she's just tired of me always being there for scouts! I can't keep Sam here so at least give me my little fantasy about the scout thing!

4 comments:

Sarah :) said...

I would sigh alongside you...but I'm still pumped about March 13th & 14th! It'll get here before ya know it. In the meantime, work on getting that Mom eyeroll across state borders. I think Samantha will miss it. ;)

~Samantha said...

So in anticipation of your arrival for a scrap-a-thon, I think I need to purchase more supplies so we can share....I think it's a perfectly justified expense :P

Michelle said...

AHEM....

jeanne said...

It's tough when they head back to school. Sigh.

I remember my daughter plainly telling me when she went to high school, that I was NOT to volunteer. LOL. Think it's something to do with their names????

Just keep focusing on March. What fun!!!