Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lindsborg

First let me start off saying I hate my scanner! We have one of those printer/scanner combos and it just doesn't do what I want it to do. Some might say if I read the manual that maybe then it would but I prefer to just call it stupid and somehow muddle through it! lol

That said I scanned two pages from the album of thetrip to Lindborg, KS aka Little Sweden trip in August '07. I used a Bo Bunny 6x6 board book. There are decorated "dalas" all over the town. Different groups sponsored them and local artists decorated them. We made it our goal to take a picture of the kids with as many dalas as we could find that afternoon. I have a lot more pictures but this is the double page layout that I thought most people might appreciate! lol This was shortly after my "corneal relaxation" surgery so that's why I'm wearing those loverly sunglasses that Mary just loved to pieces!

Most of the pages are just the photo of the kids and dala with the dala name below it. I used the Basic Grey Boxer 6x6 paper pad. Have you ever tried looking for Swedish looking papers and things to scrapbook with? It's not that easy! I think this paper worked out pretty well though!









2 comments:

Sarah :) said...

We have a scanner...I never use it! It's not so much the scanning I have problems with, it's finding the object on my computer once it's scanned! It seems like it goes somewhere different every time. And now with my laptop I wouldn't even have a clue, I don't think they're even connected. This is why I have to take all of my layouts out to the back patio to take pictures of them (in full sunlight, to avoid the flash-glare in the middle of my page).

These are cute! I remember when you guys went for that little adventure... I love your title, so funny. And the little title blocks you made are really spiffy!

a chick named Toni... said...

These pages are so cute! I love them. I am in a creative rut right now. I just feel like everything that I am doing right now is blah!