Monday, January 12, 2009

happy moments

There have been a few things weighing on my mind; Robbie, money, etc, etc, etc. I've surprised myself in the past few days but saying to myself "Well, I have this to worry about in this moment so that will have to wait its turn!" It's a philosophy that seems to be working for me at the moment.

Today after school I was sitting with Robbie while he did his homework. They start teaching cursive writing in second grade here and it was in third grade in Kansas so Robbie's behind in that area. He's doing really well at catching up but it's still sometimes a struggle. Since Christmas break is over all their spelling homework and tests have to be written in cursive now. Today there were no melt-downs, no getting upset, not even when he spilled a few drops of juice on his paper. He just said "uh-oh" and grabbed a napkin. And he tackled his homework with such a positive attitude! THIS is the Robbie I remember from before the move. I sat there thinking "thank you, thank you, thank you" over and over. I sometimes think the saying "I was blessed" is over-used but today I truly felt like we were if only for that moment!

This month is tighter than usual financially and I've been worried. We got a rebate check back from our mortgage company for an amount $2 over our HOA fees that are due this month. Our insurance and taxes are in with our mortgage payment and apprently we had more in the "reserve" than they're allowed to keep hence the rebate. Robbie asked why I was dancing in the kitchen! lol

Normally I'd be worrying what calamity was waiting to fall since we had some "good luck" but not this time. This time I think we were due for some happy moments!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I posted too soon. This morning was jam-packed full of drama. That's ok, to paraphrase Casablanca, "I'll always have Monday afternoon!"

jeanne said...

Little rays of light are how rainbows start. Inhale. Exhale.

kimpossible said...

Take those happy moments anyway you can get them!!! "Oh happy day!"