Monday, January 26, 2009

Creative Inspiration

It's funny the places that can inspire some scrapbooking inspiration! This morning I was doing my volunteer stint at Katie's school library. The first job I had was to finish up a project started by someone last week. They had taken file folders and opened them up flat and then glued a total of four library card pockets onto it...four on each side....and then laminated the whole thing. My job was to cut a slit so the pockets would open again. They are for the kids to use during research projects, the kids can use a dry erase marker to write on the laminated pockets and then stick their index cards into it. Well, while cutting open the pockets (they are so brave to give me an X-acto knife!) my mind started thinking of ideas springboarding of the folders! It's all still kind of vague at this point but I started thinking what a cool idea something like that would be for people doing the picture-a-day thing. I envision each month's photos on a keyring type thing and then they could go into each month's pocket. I'm wondering if you could make it work on a paint canvas.......I was also thinking of a board book with a "hollow" cut into each page so the cards in the pockets wouldn't add as much bulk. You could also do a book like that for baby's first year or school years or...or.... It's amazing how fast the mind can work when you're doing a mundane task!

Now do I think I'll play around with these ideas in real life anytime soon??? Bahahahahaha! I'm too far behind to take on a picture a day committment but I could maybe adapt it to something else. I just hope it's not another case of the idea not working in real life like I imagine it will in my head!

I had Cricut issues this week-end. Primarily operator error but some of it was on its part too! But I did finally get it to do what I wanted! I didn't get Christmas cards sent out beyond the pre-made ones I send to family since most of my extended family doesn't appreciate handmade cards so I'm making cards to send soon. So obviously most of you can't see any pictures! heehee
But I'll just make a public decree to all the former Garden Gals in Wichita...I need you to e-mail your snail mail addresses! Funny how I've been to some houses but I couldn't tell you the addresses!

Now if only I could be inspired to clean the house!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Isn't if funny where we get our creative ideas.