Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bleepin' cold

The last time I checked the actual temperature was -6 with a wind chill of -27. They delayed school two hours this morning because of the "extreme wind chills" but it got colder during those two hours instead of warmer. I guess the upshot is that it was daylight when Katie went out to the bus stop instead of the usual dark. It's supposed to be even colder in the morning so I hope they just cancel school. Robbie's bus driver was driving a different bus because hers wouldn't start this morning. She said "It was just DEAD."

The dogs have had to go outside and both got out onto the deck and turned and looked at me like "WTH?!?!?!" I thought Daisy had hurt her foot because she was limping instead of her normal run into the door. I wiped her paws down and I think she just had a clump of snow frozen in her paw pads because she seems ok now. They're both snuggled in the kids' bean bag chairs upstairs since it's noticeably warmer up here than it is on the first floor.

I have a chicken in the crock pot and I'm going to throw stuff together in the bread machine later. Healthy eating be damned today, I'm going for WARM comfort food! I've been staying warm by scrubbing bathrooms, do I know how to par-tay or what?

1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

Yipes! That is a bit nippy! And I was complaining this morning about our wind chill of -6!

Hey I am so excited you are coming for GS4! I asked Mary to reserve me a seat for Saturday and I think we are having a pj party at Mary's that night too! Can you wait? Didn't think so! Let the good time roll sista!