Sunday, January 11, 2009

I miss....

my old job. Not the wildly fluctuating mood barometer of some people and the angst they provided but the FUN stuff! I miss seeing all the new stuff coming in and getting to fondle it all before we put it away. I miss certain customers. I miss when I'd help a customer and they'd say "Oh, you're so smart/creative/something else positive!" Maybe I shouldn't miss that but I do! It's nice to hear affirmation from someone not close to you so you feel its genuine and not just because they love you! I miss straightening the grids and cleaning up the paper racks--it fed that anal retentive side of me! lol Most importantly I miss my co-workers/friends! The laughs we shared, the enabling we caused, the eye-rolling we shared, etc, etc. The dogs just don't seem to enjoy my witty banter like they did! lol

And this isn't a boo-hoo, cry in my drink 'cuz I'm so homesick feeling but rather a "boy, I miss that" kind of feeling. I think it's seeing posts on websites about CHA sneak peeks that brought it on. But in less than nine weeks I'll be with them, albeit briefly, again and I can stock up on all that fun stuff I miss!

5 comments:

Sarah :) said...

*sigh* I miss it too. I've been feeling exceptionally sentimental lately. Especially because I'm not very good at holding grudges, so everything bad in the past is practically forgotten and all I can remember is the good stuff. Sounds like a good quality, but it's the exact thing that allows me to be a willing doormat. :^/ So don't worry, I'm not rushing back anywhere...but I thought this post was timely for me because I've been thinking the same things lately.

As for getting to see you in March, I'm very excited!! But um, you won't be able to fulfill your need to straighten paper and clean...unless you wanna come over to my house. *hehe*

Michelle said...

I don't even clean my own stuff very well! But give me a store with lots of room, racks and grids and we're golden!

I'm not going to waste my time holding grudges towards people who don't even care but I can't forget a lot of the crap that went on. He really tainted my own view of my time there with the way he acted my last day of work. sigh

Mary said...

Well, you all know I read everyone's posts. I am just really bad about posting comments. But this struck a definite cord with me as well.

As I have said numerous times, Michelle and I are waaaaay too much alike to not be related. I just have "sisters" by choice -- which I personally think are the BEST kind.

Okay, fair warning, this is where I would advise you to grab a tissue or two! I am soooo missing you and our "only us" conversations. I miss Mark simply showing up with our "Mojo Drinks". I miss your muttering to the paper while straightening the racks. I miss our own personal eye rolls that only we caught. Or my totally intential ignoring of you when I knew you wanted me to bail you out with a "special" customer.

Call me tomorrow --- let's cry together!

And to help you with that paper fondling obsession, we are going to have an area at Get Scrappy with TONs of products, albeit hand-me-downs, that we would gratefully love help organizing and perusing. Hint- Hint!

I have decided, I need Michelle time more than Sam needs MOM time. Cause she just had you for more than two weeks. So there! You are staying at my house!

Love you ~~~

As far as letting things go ---- mmmmm ---- not so much! I take every opportunity to slam, snicker and snark about "some" people!

Nikki said...

Well, I think that everyone has said what I feel too! I miss you Trouble. I can't wait to see you in March, but I agree with Mary, it will not be long enough!!! I miss seeing the product and getting to touch it and smell it first, but we will all make it through.

Michelle said...

I had forgotten the "Michelle, are you talking to me or yourself again?" questions that ALL Of you would ask as I was muttering through the aisles! Good times, good times! lol