Sunday, March 1, 2009

Page planning...something actually scrapbooking related!

In an attempt to push past the "this money would be wiser spent elsewhere" feelings I'm attempting to plan some pages for the Get Scrappy crop in Wichita. Since the airlines charge you per bag now and I couldn't drag all my stuff with me anyway I need to plan my pages. It's harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd! I'm a "push the photos around and hem and haw over all my crap..I mean scrapping supplies and then decided what to use" kinda gal. I know pre-planning works for many people but my thoughts have always been if I'm going to go that far into the layout I might as well slap it all together right then and there! I picked out the photos and now I just have to start going through my stuff and making "page piles" as I'm calling'em.

Here's where the "problem", such as is it, lies. We used to have a basement and I had a dark corner at the far end. Not great on lighting but it was a few yards away from the kids playing video games and I could have my iPod hooked up to the speakers and scrap away. Here we don't have a basement. We have what they called a "loft" at the top of the stairs on the second floor. It's become our "basement" in a smaller space. So within a few feet there is someone on the computer, someone else on the PlayStation and then me in my corner looking at my scrapping stuff. These "stations" are too close together for me to turn on my music without bothering others and it's hard to concentrate when you're hearing ninja fighting noises coming from the boy's Naruto game on the PlayStation! I miss my "hole in the ground" and my space.

But back to planning because the mood I'm in I could really go off on a tangent! I have one of those 12x12 plastic boxes that I'm going to throw everything into. Mary offered me the use of her paper trimmer when she first heard I was flying in so I don't have to worry about packing that! Now I just need to figure out what lettering or shapes I want to cut out of my Cricut and then cut them out and run them through the Xyron. Oh, I'll be just like Lisa B. when she's on QVC! Except I'm pretty sure she has somebody doing all that work for her before she "demos" a page! lol I have a little over a week to accomplish this. Anybody want to place a bet???

1 comment:

Mary said...

Silly Girl, There will be a Cricut Station with EVERY cricket cartridge available ready and waiting for your title to pop into your head in a moment. Don't stress over that at all!!!