Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The countdown is on

In 48 hours I will hopefully have just lifted off the ground from the Indy airport on my way to Wichita. My fear is my plane will be cancelled and I'll have to wait for a later flight or be re-routed! Luck hasn't exactly been a friend lately but I'm going to try to maintain high hopes! Just like that little old ant! In my mind I'm singing that song along with Laverne and Shirley!

I think I'm pretty much ready to go scrapping supplywise. I finally threw in the towel and said if I needed something else then I'd hopefully find it at Get Scrappy or I'd go to Scrapfunattic and find it! I do want to cut out a couple of things on my Cricut but I'm sure I'm going to forget something! And I'm also sure I'm taking some stuff that I won't even use! Just the nature of the beast!

And a shout out to Scrapfunattic for getting behind Get Scrappy 4! I had planned on going out there on Friday morning anyway but now I really feel the need to support their family business! It's a shame that I feel, both morally and ethically, unable to support my former place of employment. Yes, it's a business and a source of income for the owners but I still say that losing the "me first" mentality could boost business more than they'd realize. Unfortunately I don't see the current attitude there changing.

Changing gears for a bit, things are still stressful around here. Long stories short: we're changing doctors for Robtar. He's still losing weight and it seems like we go two steps forward somedays and two steps back on others. Katie has her inital appointment with the orthodontist next week too (both appointments on the same day...yes, I'm a glutton for punishment). I'm a little nervous about the appointment from things the dentist said but I'm not telling her that. I'm talking her down of the fear wall whenever she tries to climb it. I'd like to go wire some classmates mouths shut to stop them from giving her misinformation! (yes, I'm a mean mom too!) Last night Mark told me he wanted me to promise him two things. First was I would do my best to put all this crap out of my mind while I'm at Get Scrappy and just enjoy myself. He got the "Are you new?" look. Then he said "And the second thing I want you to promise me is....THAT YOU'RE COMING BACK!!!" LOL I joked with him that I could get off the plane in Chicago and disappear and he said that's what he's afraid of! Don't worry, dear, I'll be back! heehee

Lately it has been a challenging time for me and my faith. My very good friend, Kelli, e-mailed me today and I'm trying something she suggested. I have some friends I've made online through a scrapping message board on AOL years ago and there are a few of them who lately have helped me more than I can ever say. I think Kel's the lifeline God's throwing to me because He knows where my faith is right now. Jeanne is the one who understands what I'm saying, thinking, feeling and reminds me I'm NOT the root of all evil. Laura's the one who throws some common sense thinking my way even when I don't want it. ;-) And Leonore is the one who sympathizes with me (and Samantha too!) and always knows what to say to make me smile and sometimes even laugh! Thank you ladies!

And now this week-end I get to go hang out with my former CO-WORKERS and STILL friends (better, Sarah?! ;-) ) and I know there will be a lot of laughter and comfort there! And I'm sure there will be several times I do the lovely laugh-snort too! And I can talk to myself again without people looking at me strangely! Yessss!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: