Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wichita Trip-Day One

I have flown several times before but this trip was the first time I've ever flown by myself, no husband or kids along, just me! It was an adjustment to just have to keep track of me and my stuff but it was kind of nice! The only problem came from not having that automatic seat mate! I was in "baby planes" both legs of the trip. One seat on one side of the row and two seats on the other side. Indy to St. Louis I sat in the one seat row but St. Louis to Wichita I sat in the seat next to the window and had "touchy, talky" guy sitting next to me. He was one of those people you can just tell is overembellishing the story as he's going along. I had a book in my hand but that didn't deter T&T man at all! He'd touched my knee or my arm every now and then while he was talking. I mentioned my "retired military" husband MANY times! lol And my three childen and two step-children and the s-c's children! I don't think he was flirting with me but he definitely was annoying! I mentally thanked the couple in front of us that were flying home to Hutchinson who would occasionally throw something into the conversation! Safety in numbers and all that! lol

Once we got to Wichita we had to sit on the tarmac because another plane was at our gate. I got a laugh when I said "I'm a mom on a mission so get me to that gate!" Kudos to the ground crew though because in the time it took me to walk from the gate to where Sam was waiting for me my suitcase was already circling the baggage carousel! Then Sam drove me to a restaurant on the west side of town after offering to make a stop somewhere else on the west side to see if I'd be asked to leave said spot! (Don't know where she gets that from!) We went to Pei Wei and enjoyed an early dinner and then my version of the story is she tried to show me the inside of a school bus tail pipe but she'd disagree! ;-)

We hung out at her apartment for a bit and then hit the mall to see if she could find a different outfit for her presentation on Friday which we didn't. A quick trip to Target and then a drive to Sonic, IN THE SNOW, so I could get my lemonberry slush! Stupid snow! And no Kayla, it is NOT magical after you've seen the amount of snow I've seen! lol

Then back to the apartment where I was reminded where Katie gets her talking non-stop skills, it's from her older sister!!! I tried to tag Kayla via Sam's text messaging and tell her she was it but that didn't work! There are different levels of conversation with Sam. There's where you both talk and then there's where only she talks and you make noise when she takes a breath! Love ya, Sam, and you know it's true! But it was so good just being with her so other than my sweatshirt dementor diguise I just sat and listened!

Then it was to bed and trying to sleep which leads to me "wake-up call" on Day Two that I'll go into tomorrow!

1 comment:

~Samantha said...

LOL I totally do that too. Only when I have LOTS of really great stories though!!!! Love you can't wait to see you in a few weeks at grandma's