Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday

in Wal-Mart I'd rather put a stick in my eye! Sing the title and that first line to the tune of Chicago's Saturday in the Park and you got musical comedy!

The boy needs a new pair of tennies and we need stuff for scouts and birthday presents for two of their friends and a new furnace air filter, et, etc. THIS is the stuff of my shopping trips. Pathetic, eh? Not exactly the stuff of which blogs are written! Then next week the rest of our tax refund is going to the dentist. I know, I know. I'm causing envy amongst you all!

Due to recent events I was considering seeing if I could cancel my flight to Kansas and get a refund on my plane ticket. It must have been weighing on my mind more than I realized because last night I had a dream that I just didn't go to the airport and it was an hour after my flight left before anyone realized I was supposed to be there. Then they were trying to hurry me to the airport and I didn't have anything packed. I saw people throwing scrapping supplies I don't even own into a bag in my dream. I was telling Mark about it this morning. He told me I was going and to not worry about money. I asked him....Mary knows the question!....."Are you new?" He's cute when he's trying to tell me what to do! lol

Looks like the rest of the family is almost ready to go. Off to face the teeming masses at a Saturday morning Walmart! (shudder!)

2 comments:

jeanne said...

Well if it make you feel any better, our last foray to Wally World was for bananas, dental floss, razor blades and the like. But it's not exactly like we expect to find a Coach bag for $2.99 or diamond earring for four and a quarter.

Go to Kansas and enjoy. You deserve it.

Michelle said...

I'm not into jewelry or expensive purses anyway. Isn't Mark so lucky?! lol Sometimes I could handle some "good" excitement in my life though! I'd like to be one of those people who can do for themselves and not feel guilty, kwim?