Tuesday, March 24, 2009

weary and day two

If the barometer headache I've been dealing with since last night is any indication then we're going to get one helluva storm later on today. Add to that the stress and doubt of not knowing the best thing to do for Robtar and then crying at last week's Biggest Loser episode that I finally got to watch this morning and I'm feeling weary. A lobotomy doesn't sound half bad at the moment!

I'm not going to go into all the details of the past week because it's exhausting but I had hoped to leave from the appointment with the new doctor feeling "A-ha, we've found some answers!" and needless to say I didn't. And if one more medical professional says to me "Would you deny him insulin if he were diabetic?" when I voice concerns over medication I'm liable to create a "great story to be told at parties". There's a huge difference, people, in a proven medical condition and just making educated guesses at what MIGHT be going on inside the boy. I know I'm not but right now I'm feeling lost, lonely and confused. HATE IT!

But....day two of my Wichita trip......I'm attempting to get some sleep in Samantha's room and had woken up before 5 am, tossed and turned for over an hour and then fell asleep for just under an hour when the sounds of a ROCKET going off have me going from sleeping to suddenly standing up in the middle of the room! When one of her neighbors turns on their shower it sounds like a rocket is going off beside her bed. Why? I don't know, poor planning of the architect??? All I know is I woke up in the middle of jumping up and saying "What the......???" (fill in your own blank there!) It was around 7 am at that point so I got a shower and then forced Samantha to get up so we could go get breakfast and COFFEE!!!

Off to The Good Egg where I had a yummy and even I couldn't stretch it into being healthy for me omelet! Which ended up being the only meal we had all day so THEN I was able to justify some healthy components into it! lol I finally got my glasses adjusted so they sit where they're supposed to on my face and then driving through the, what I'm told is magical, snow we went to The Nifty Nut House. How is it that I never went there the eight years I lived in Wichita??? I'd had things from there before from other people but had never ventured into the store myself. Very attentive employees there and any time we said "Oh, that looks interesting/good/different" they were offering us a sample. We could have skipped breakfast and filled up there! We got some goodies to take to Get Scrappy and I got a few things to bring back to Mark and the kids.

Then it was off to Scrapfunattic in Andover!!! Where I discussed the merits of Benny and the Jets and Elton John in general with Sam and Renee who was working there. Young'uns just don't know classic music when they hear it! LOL And I did SOME shopping for me and more for Sam and Katie. (And went back on Saturday and spent even more money!) I miss having a bona fide lss nearby! Archiver's and Michael's just aren't the same.

Samantha had a budget presentation to make on campus so we went back to her apartment and then I just hung out there while she got ready and then left to make her ROCKSTAR presentation. It must have been great because she got SAC all the money they had asked for!

Then we went off to the Beech Activity Center to help during the final moments before Get Scrappy and I got to see all my fellow garden refugees!!! Once the crop started I didn't get much accomplished that night other than talking and laughing. And it felt SO GREAT!!! I got to see Kay and Jeannie while they manned (womanned???) the supply table. And Nikki, Toni and Toni's daughter sat at the table right next to the table I sat at with Samantha and Sarah. And when Mary, who was feeling poorly the poor thing!, had a few moments she was sitting with us all too. I can't even put into words how good it was to be there with everyone. Just talking, laughing (sometimes over stupid stuff!) and making occasionally scrapping--speaking just for myself there, everyone else was creating some beautiful layouts!!! I wish there was a way to bottle that feeling and take a hit of it when I needed it!

We stayed until the end that night and then Sam and I headed back to her apartment and tried to get some sleep so we could be raring to go the next morning!!!

No comments: