Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

I'm still fighting the crud, some wheezing and sinus gunk going on, but since no one will put me out of my misery I'm trying to fight the good fight!

I've applied for some jobs recently and this morning I got a phone call from one of the places. I talked to the woman for almost 15 minutes and she scheduled me for a formal phone interview in the morning! It's with a bank but the job I applied for is probably already filled if the person they're offering to accepts it today but there is an opening in Zionsville for which the HR person wants to interview me. It's about a 30 minute drive WITHOUT rush hour traffic and it's a part time position so that's the downside. But it's a foot in the door and there is the possibility of transferring to a branch closer to home if a position ever opened. I'm also thinking that part time might be a better transition for the kids for now...or maybe it's better for me thinking of them since I think they're ready for me to be gone! At least that's what they say now, once Mom isn't around 24/7 to take care of things that tune may change a bit! ;-)

I badly need a haircut but haven't wanted to infect anybody with this crud. There was a small part of my brain that started thinking "Must get haircut today!" For a phone interview! And no, I wasn't thinking it was because they'd see me over the phone, I'm not that far gone! But I was just thinking of the whole "feeling good/sounding good" issue and if it's a bad haircut that's one extra day for it to grow out before an "in-person" interview. However, common sense has won out (for now at least) and someone will be spared the possibility of my germs for one more day. No promises for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Good luck! I know you'll do great! And since it's part time, maybe the whole rush hour thing won't factor in.

jeanne said...

i wanna see the new cut when you get it!!!!