Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Toddlin' along Tuesday

I think from this point forward I'm not going to mention the job until I hear something. I drove by the new branch yesterday and it doesn't even have a paved parking lot yet so I'm hoping that means there's still a chance. But it gets old saying "No news yet" so when I know you all will know!

Katie stayed home today. A lot of congestion and coughing from the drainage but still no fever thankfully. I think a day of rest and fluids will do her good. The good news is we're actually into the 60s today! The weatherman said this morning it was the first time in 23 days we were going to be near average temps, not that anybody's counting! So I just opened the windows and hopefully all the old, stinky, germy air will blow out and we'll have nice, fresh, sunshine-smelling air in the house instead! Let a woman have a dream, ok?!? ;-)

I spent the morning dusting and washing dresser scarves and the like in our room. Dusting sets off my allergies in a most undelightful way so I always put it off. Evidently I had put dusting our bedroom off for a lonnnnnnnnng time! achoo! Another reason I hate turning the furnace on (besides the gas bill!) is all the dust that seems to come out of the ducts even though we had someone come in to clean them last summer. But for today and tomorrow I'm going to enjoy the non-forced air breezes and those afternoon temps of mid-60s!

I think I'm going to try to keep my three things I'm thankful for going until Thanksgiving. Here's hoping I can do it!

1. warm, actual fall-like weather!
2. a nice cold Coca-Cola
3. a certain Schnoodle named Daisy Doodle that likes to jump in my lap and "help" me read whatever it is I'm reading at the time!

Oh, and just for the record I have to say it's kind of weirding me out that I'm seeing hits on my blog from Seoul and Jakarta when I don't know anyone there and it looks like they're finding me through some sites that tell you how to get more hits and referrals on your blog! I don't need more hits or referrals on my blog, folks! I welcome new friends but this is just a little strange!

1 comment:

jeanne said...

Achoo. That's why I don't dust either. And I hate that the heater piles the dust three inches higher. Who'd a thunk it. Hope Katie feels better soon.