Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yay!

After a delay (what IS the problem with plane travel between Wichita and Indy that there always has to be some sort of delay???) all my lil ducks are under one roof! I've been telling Mark, Katie and Robbie that Sam wasn't coming in until next week so they were all surprised when they got home this afternoon and here she was! Now for two+ weeks of peace, love and harmony! Yeah, right! lol

We're under another winter weather advisory tonight. More ice is supposed to come through. We still haven't thawed out from the other day's drop. So the kids may have another late start day tomorrow. One more day and then they're out for Christmas! I hope that this break will be uber beneficial for Robbie. He's been fighting a cough for a couple of weeks and now has the "nose crud" as well as all the other issues going on. Hopefully some time off will help him get healthy and also find his bearings and be ready to tackle the world again. I think having Sam here is already helping. Tonight he was pretty animated in that "old Robbie" way at supper. I'm sure it was his big sister and not the fact we went out to eat at 5 Guys!

The past week has been a stressful one for the Robtar and his parents. I won't bore you with all the details but at times I've been frustrated and angry with him and at other times I've been ready to go take a school apart brick by brick. We had a meeting with his teacher on Tuesday and Mark took off work so he could go too. He told me "I didn't go for your safety...it was for THEIRS!" heehee I did well though and told the teacher again that I'm not a "not my kid" kind of mom but that it's not ALL my kid either. I think we made our point in a mature way but if my son comes home with another bruise like he had before then we're going back to that brick by brick plan!

But now all my "babies" are here and I'm happy about that!

1 comment:

jeanne said...

YAY!! for all your little duckies being safe and back in the nest.

If you need help with that brick by brick thing let me know. . . .