Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

I'm fighting melancholy this morning. I'm thinking of all the changes we've gone through this year and how those changes will affect our futures and it makes me kind of sad. What's done is done, you can't go back, blah, blah, blah. Intellectually I know all that but my heart is having a hard time putting it to rest today. sniff sniff But to throw out another over-used saying life goes on, count your blessings, and to quote some REO you have to roll with the changes. And I am honestly attempting that but I think over the next week it's going to be a little hard to do.

I had planned on doing every "good luck tradition" I could find on New Year's Day but last night at supper Mark and the kids reminded me we DID have pork and black eyed peas last NYD! So now I'm thinking maybe this year we need to do "anti-traditional" things and see how that works for us!

On top of everything else he's dealing with we found out Monday morning that Robbie has a sinus infection. Hopefully that's the main reason he's been so lethargic and not the other meds. He's been on amoxicillin since Monday and does seem a little perkier already but still has the sniffles and cough. Hopefully they are now from all the gunk breaking up! He elected for pills over liquid thinking they would be like the capsules he's been taking. The amox are horse pills! I told him to imagine they were Poke-balls and once he swallowed it the Pokemon would fight the germs. Have you ever seen an 8 yo boy do a MAJOR eye-roll?! Quite the sight let me tell you! lol
And now just a couple of pics from the Children's Museum last week-end. They turn the staircase to the second floor into a giant arctic slide and Robbie and Katie went down it twice. And look at the size of those snowflakes!




3 comments:

jeanne said...

Ooooooooh I love those snow flakes. I want to join R & K down that slide!!!!

Sarah :) said...

Tell Robbie that at least he gets to SWALLOW the pills instead of having them stuffed in from another direction. *cough cough*

The slide is so cool! What a fun, frosty idea!

Michelle said...

There were adults going down the slide too! If I succeed in getting "healthier" then next year I may try it too! Didn't see any weight limits but I didn't want to cause an avalanche!!!