Tuesday, December 30, 2008

hodge podge of musings

Sometimes it seems like there's nothing to blog about and other times it seems like there are a multitude of thoughts floating around in my head that want to put down "on paper" (or typed on screen!).

A week from now Samantha will be heading back to Kansas and that makes me sad. I had a bad dream about it last night so that's not helping either. I'm very glad for the time we've all been spending together and I don't want it to end! We've seen more episodes of "old Robbie" since she's been here. And it's just been good to have the whole one-second-getting-along-the-next-second-nit-picking-at-each-other-shenanaigans going on! And with her graduating in May who knows where life will take her so every second of the next week is going to be bittersweet in the Mom-ish way!

I've been thinking about the new year coming in and how many people make resolutions and all that jazz. I don't want to call them a resolution because it just seems like you're setting yourself up to fall with that title hanging overhead but I hope to become healthier in 2009. Both physically and financially (and hopefully emotionally will fall into place after those!). A year ago at this time I never thought the then new year would hold for us what it has! I'm a little apprehensive about 2009! lol But I'm going to do my best to be hopeful about it too. 2008 tanked if you asked me so I'm hoping we can all only go up in 2009!

And I had started a thought here but a whining 11 yo interrupted my train of thought and I lost it! Maybe it will pull back into the station later!

No comments: