Thursday, December 11, 2008

ramblings

I think I am finished buying Christmas presents for the kids. I might need a couple of little things to suggest to Santa for Mark's stocking but other than that I THINK I'm finished. Oops, forgot about a teacher gift and two bus driver gifts. Any suggestions for the bus drivers? I'm thinking a Starbucks gift card.

I still haven't made nut clusters yet or made any cookies yet and there's a all the wrapping of presents to do. But tomorrow our high is only supposed to be 25 degrees so after I walk Robbie to the bus stop I think I'll hibernate and maybe I'll get some of that stuff finished then!

The MD wants to try Robbie on Strattera to see if that will help with the supposed ADD. I'm still not convinced he has ADD and think that it's more that we have OCD (the not wanting to be touched by others) issues going on. I picked up the prescription but when I hear him laying there on the floor laughing at the tv and picking up on jokes and plays on words I have a hard time with actually starting him on this medicine Saturday. The first day of the Adderall was hell, no other word for it. It's one thing to take a medication yourself knowing there are possible side effects but it's entirely different when it's your child.

I heard from my friend, Edie, this week and she's going to be in Louisville (she lives in NC) so she's going to drive up here Saturday and spend the night. That will be a nice break from everything else going on around here!

2 comments:

~Samantha said...

You should go out with Edie just the two of you and not worry about things and forget (just for the night) that you're a mom. You need a break and I'm sorry I added to the stress the other day

a chick named Toni... said...

So you're gonna make nut clusters huh? I love those things! I was gonna make chocolate & white covered pretzels today but didn't get around to it. I made sugar cookies this weekend and that about killed me. Glad I only do that once a year.

Keep us posted on Robbie!

Hope you went out and had a good time with your friend.