Friday, October 31, 2008

Jack O'lantern Time

We're a bit behind the power curve this year. The kids just got their costumes this week and I just picked some pumpkins up at the grocery store Wednesday and we carved them last night. I wanted to go to a farm and do the whole "fall thing" but time just got away from me somehow. Seems to happen more and more. sigh

But here are a few pics:




Those of you who know Robbie know that he has an aversion to touching certain things so the fact we were able to get him to scoop out some of the pumpkin "guts" was quite the accomplishment for him!

And the finished masterpieces! I tried to deter the boy from carving a big a$$ed spider but as you can see I was not successful in that endeavor! I really like the goofy face on Katie's pumpkin!


3 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Wow, as much as I hate spiders, I have to admit that the boy did an EXCELLENT job on it!!! But I tend to lean toward goofy faced pumpkins...at least that's what I do every year. Except this year, we didn't get around to it either. I don't know WHY...heck I could be carving a different pumpkin every day! *haha* I guess I'll blame it on the husband. ;)

a chick named Toni... said...

Don't feel bad! I just couldn't get myself into Halloween this year. I just got the girls costumes last Sunday...50% off I might add. We also just carved our pumpkins on Monday night.

Your kiddos did great on their carving! Hope you had a great Halloween! It was so good to see you last week!

jeanne said...

Those are adorable. I miss the pumpkin carving years.