Friday, October 10, 2008

My patriotic duty

This morning, only in order to do my patriotic duty and stimulate the economy, I went shopping. Hey! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! After being enabled by my eldest last night (you should ask her about the news she shared in Hobby Lobby...don't know where the girl gets it! 0:-) ) I had to go to a Hobby Lobby here and find the Core'dination Black Magic papers. It was as if Lady Liberty herself was saying "Go child, get thee to a Hobby Lobby and put money back into the economy!" (If only you could hear me humming patriotic music as I type!) AND the paper was on sale so I was doing good by my family's budget as well. Win-win for everyone! But they had some cute treble clef and music note brads that I HAD to get for all of Katie's band concert pictures! And I found Zip Dry there! I didn't know you could get Zip Dry at Hobby Lobby! I only knew of one place that I had seen it before and can't go there anymore so had no idea where I would find it but the adhesive gods shone upon me this morning and said "There it is!" (Anyone else getting worried about all the voices and personalities living inside my head?!)

Then I headed into Indy to Archiver's because last night they called me to tell me the newest Ali Edward's book had come in. They only got enough copies in to cover the requests so I had 48 hours to look at it and buy it if I wanted it. So I grabbed that and some more ribbon for a secret project I'm working on. Since I was just wandering around in there yesterday I didn't let myself look at anything else. I'm helping the economy but still have to be fiscally responsible you know since *I* won't be getting a multi billion dollar bail out!

Then I picked Mark up at work and we went to Panera for lunch where I ate healthfully! I picked the veggie soup over the broccoli cheese soup just for the health factor. And I picked an apple over chips or bread as my side to go along with my soup and Turkey Artichoke sandwich.

So I've stimulated the economy AND made smart choices. Pin a gold star on me! Now you all know these smart choices won't continue right?! 'Cause there's still the "GIMME CHOCOLATE" voice living in my head too!

2 comments:

jeanne said...

That 'gimme chocolate' voice is my all time favorite!!!

a chick named Toni... said...

Yes...I saw all the new paper packs at Hobby Lobby too and I couldn't believe it either! I also saw some bobunny chipboard books and doodlebug glitter and flock powders. They definately have some goods.

You are better than I am. I love Panera's broccoli cheese soup!