Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Irritants and joy bringers

Last night in all my gracefulness I managed to slam my arm into one side of my glasses while they were on my face and bent them out of shape. To look at them off my face they looked fine but once they were on they were definitely crooked and screwing with my vision. It's bad enough that I'm wearing progressives, have astigmatism off the charts but throw in the vision problems from the keratoconus and moving how the lenses are sitting on my face just a millimeter and we're talking major vision disruption. Everyone has something special about them, I guess crappy beyond belief vision is mine!

So add the now disrupted vision on top of an already emotional me from watching The Biggest Loser and you get a me that just needs to call it a night! I love that show but it starts trying to unearth memories and feelings I've buried over the years while I'm trying to keep them covered and I tend to get a tad shaky. Someday maybe those demons may come to full light and be dealt with but, to quote a good friend, "not today!". And a BL sidenote: There are three people on there that I do not like and want them gone! I want them all to do well and get healthier but I wish someone would throw a medicine ball at those three's heads!

So this morning after getting the kids off to school I head to the library to return a book due yesterday and then to Target for some needed items. I got to the library shortly after it opened and went to the desk to pay my fine (all of a quarter) and the woman behind the desk tells me that the first hour the library is open is a grace period so I have no fine. Well hey! A good thing to try to balance the scale against the crappy stuff!

Walking out of the library I walked through "leaf rain". I LOVE that. The colored leaves falling around you and hearing them as they scatter across the ground. It's a sound I've been missing since we don't have any big trees in our yard but I stood in the library parking lot just listening to it for a few minutes. Another drop onto the happy side of the scale!

Going into Target I remembered they had an optical center so I went in. They weren't quite open yet but the woman behind the counter listened to my story and said sure she could try to fix them for me. She managed to get them looking level on my face but they still feel "off" a tad but it's much better than it was and I can hopefully live with this until we get to KS next week and I can get my one of my former eye doctors' offices to fix them for me. She didn't charge me anything and was very sweet about the whole thing. Another drop on the happy side of the scale!

I went to CVS next to get their generic allergy meds that seem to work the best for me. I scanned my saver's card and got a coupon. Hey! It's for the exact item I came in for! They also had some bags of Halloween candy on sale plus I had coupons so I got some Snickers and M&Ms for $1 a bag after their sale price and my coupons! The neighbor across the street told me there were probably close to 200 trick or treaters last year so I've been stocking up a couple of bags at a time. And getting "good" candy for a buck a bag? Who can't be happy about that?

So I still have slightly skewed vision but it's better than last night, I didn't have to pay my whoppin' quarter fine, I got some good deals and got to hear the leaves rain!

And is there a word for "joy bringers" like there is the word "irritants"? I couldn't think of one and there should be one. Maybe it's time for me to make up another new word?!

2 comments:

~Samantha said...

I love you! Have a good day!

a chick named Toni... said...

Sorry about your glasses...that sucks...but man you had some good luck with your shopping!