Monday, October 13, 2008

Cardstock snob?

In an effort to try to use up my stash I started going through the paper holder with all my non-Bazzill cardstock. All those paper packs from DMD that I got half off at Hobby Lobby years ago. Can one become spoiled by cardstock? Because I was almost sneering as I felt how flimsy and oddly colored most of this stuff is. I pulled out what I need for an 8x8 album for Robbie but that was just a few primary colors (which is evidently what I used the most of before I found Bazzill because there weren't that many sheets of the colors I needed!). The rest of it is back in the paper container but in "color order" now instead of with their package buddies. I think that cardstock will be stuff that K or R can use for projects or be donated to the scout troops. Some of that stuff has to be older than Robbie is! I can't imagine using most of it myself at this point. And it's not that I have stock in Bazzill or anything but it just feels so much sturdier than the other stuff and there are so many pretty colors of it and most of them aren't the weird colors the old stuff seems to have become!

So does that make me a cardstock snob?

It's sad but there are quite a few things in my stash that I've been unearthing and thinking "WHY did I buy this?" Some of it I know I bought for a specific reason that now escapes me but other stuff I must have been heavily medicated while buying it! That's the only explanation I can come up with!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a paper snob! Not just cardstock. I should just get rid of my not Bazzell.

Sarah :) said...

Oh it's totally possible to become a cardstock snob! As well as an adhesive snob, a rub-on snob, a paper trimmer snob, etc. :)

And as for the stuff in your stash you assume you bought "under the influence," you're absolutely correct. But it wasn't medication, it was a sign with the letters "S-A-L-E" that had you loopy. Been there, done that. :)

lelaine said...

I definitely have paper that screams "who bought that?!" LOL Not sure where or who would want it even if I knew where to donate it! Guess it will just stay in my paper holders until I am gone from this earth. :)

Love Bazille, too!! Great colors and quality.

a chick named Toni... said...

Ok yep...you sound just like me. Sometimes I have to push myself to use up cardstock other then Bazille. I like to use that cardstock for cards. And there are tons of things that I have that I pull out and think What the? There was some really terrible Christmas paper that looked like grandma's couch and I was thinking what could have possibly motivated me to actually hand over the money to buy this?