Monday, October 27, 2008

Not in Kansas anymore, Toto

We're back from our whirlwind trip back to Wichita. Today I'm working on the mountain of laundry, cleaning house and picking up the dogs from the doggy hotel. I want to be playing with our new Wii Fit that we finally found in Wichita but I'm going to get through some of the work first. Self imposed denial! If I'd done that more often I wouldn't NEED the Wii Fit!

It was great to just be with Samantha again! I know Katie and Robbie felt that too. Just hanging out with Sissy driving each other crazy! So whenever anybody back there hears Sam mentioned grad school just say "Indiana" and your check will be in the mail!

We hit Freddy's, Jimmy John's and, I should be ashamed to admit this but I'm not, I think I had a lemon-berry slush from Sonic every day we were there except the day we left! I even took a picture of the sign and one of the menu board. When I'm not feeling pressed for time I'll post a few pictures. Friday night Sam and I were with the old east crew. I laughed like I haven't laughed in such a very long time! I needed that night!

There's the condensed version of the trip, I know I'll be posting more stuff later on. Yesterday was 12 fun filled hours in the van. I don't think I slept more than 3-4 hours a night while we were there (just couldn't sleep well) and we were up early yesterday and we hit the road 5:30 am Wichita time so I spent most of the drive in an exhausted haze. Which I think in some strange way made the trip seem faster. My sense of time wasn't quite on track so that helped.

And I'll end this post with I think I have some blog-stalkers that live in my neighborhood. Which wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't probably the same people who can't seem to be bothered to talk to me at the bus stop. No idea what I did to start it all but I'm sure my "out of touch" post from last week has them buzzing again. If you don't care enough to get to know me (and I did make attempts which had me even further out of my comfort zone than the move had already place me!) then why do you care enough to search me out on the web and read what I write? No rancor intened in that statment, just an honest question. So in the interest of my children I deleted it. I don't care what people think about me, the older I get the more I don't care, but I don't want them "penalized" for it.

So now I'm off to clean my house and go pick up Miss Daisy and Miss Belle! Have a great day, y'all! And to those who will know what I'm talking about I can not get that old commercial out of my head where the kids yell "Hey Kool-aid!"

4 comments:

Sarah :) said...

It was SO good to see you guys. I had a blast on Friday night, as well as shopping Saturday morning. Made me miss ya tons, though. :(

(I too have had many visions of the giant Kool-aid pitcher crashing through a wall and bringing gallons of fun to children as he exclaims, "YEAH!!" *haha* Definitely not the same kind of Kool-aid!!)

~Samantha said...

I will go closer to Indiana but actually being in Indiana might not happen. I do want you to know though that I did think about what you said about taking a year off. I still don't think it's an option but I'm looking at it.

We could always open our own scrapbook store in Fishers :)

jeanne said...

So, now that you are home. Go sign up for that free class at www.jessicasprague.com so you can play with Marg and I. Registration runs through Nov. 8, class starts on the 9th. PLEEEASSSE!!!!!

~Samantha said...

I just like to keep you on your toes :)