Sunday, January 24, 2010

The brighter side of my old job

My Sunday paper was missing the actual paper this morning. I had the ads and the Sunday magazine but no newspaper sections at all which meant it didn't take too long to peruse it! So I got on the computer, and while listening to what sounds like the wind trying to blow the house apart, I got onto the 2 Peas website and started perusing CHA sneak peeks.

There are so many cute lines coming out! And bright, vibrant colors in some of the lines! You wouldn't know it looking at my house but I like bright colors! It's hard NOT to be happy when you're scrapping with bright colors! And I hesitate to admit this again out loud to some people but I could take or leave most of the Basic Grey lines. There have been a couple that caught my eye in the past but they often seemed "darker" to me so I was never a BG junkie like some people I know! lol But they have some cute lines coming out and there's one out right now, I think it's called Sugar Rush, that is really cute too! And I loved all the Bo Bunny peeks I saw and then there was Fancy Pants and...and...and...!!!!

I do miss that part of my former job. The CHA review nights and then seeing everything when it started arriving in the store. Standing up there at the counter, pulling stuff out of the boxes, and sometimes squealing in delight or hearing one of my co-working friends squeal in delight! I miss that! The stashes that were started in the hold drawer. Certain people who could look in the computer system and see how much money employees had spent that year being sworn to secrecy! lol It was always baaaaaaaaaad when CHA stuff started coming in! They should have just paid me in merchandise and saved the paper check during that time frame!

And I miss working with some outstandingly creative women too! It was so easy to appreciate everyone's different styles because they were all so great at what they were creating!

sigh......I miss my peeps! So now in between scrubbing bathrooms today and maybe doing our taxes maybe I'll sneak in a few more peeks at what's to come and then go try to use up some of my stuff so I can make room for the new!

3 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Aw I miss it too. :( That time of year was always so fun. But I console myself by remembering that they never ordered what I WANTED them to order anyway. *haha*

I haven't looked at the CHA sneek peaks yet...but you're making me curious! :)

jeanne said...

LOL. This BG addict is waiting for all their goodness to go digital. Sigh.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.