Saturday, January 23, 2010

New job

I've only been back to work a month and I'm already relishing the fact that I have tomorrow off! I like the job but I had become such a quasi-hermit that this interacting with the public every day is rough! lol

I've hit my assigned goal for mortgage referals and the contest isn't over until the 12th so that's pretty good! Today I had a customer in the drive thru asking about the "4's and 5's" hanging in our window so I explained to her about our mortgage rates. She said to have the mortgage banker give her a call next week. It was during "power hour" where we were to ask every customer if they wanted to donate to St. Jude's so I mentioned that to her and she said to take money out of her cash she wanted back for it. My co-workers were complimenting me and I kept saying "It's beginner's luck!" I don't want the to upset the Fates with too many praises, doncha know?! ;-) I did say though "If I knew I was going to be validated like this I would have been here a long time ago!" LOL

We started a conversation about family taking each other for granted but then a customer came in so we got side tracked off of it. I think that's probably just a natural part of family life is you can take each other for granted. All I know is no one has ever sang my praises over how clean a bathroom was! LOL And considering the owners of my former place of employment....well, let's just say praise was not exactly forthcoming. Which is not something I really expect so it's sort of hard to get used to with this new job!

There's still a lot to learn but I definitely feel better about it than I did a couple of weeks ago during "school"! And everyone at the branch has been great about answering questions and not making me feel like a nuisance or an idiot when I need help with something! Including when I forgot I had put the card with all my safe codes on it in my pocket and washed it the other night! I felt like a kid saying "My dog ate my homework." but instead of getting upset my supervisor and the co-worker that I share codes with and had to write them all out for me again both just laughed and said at least I hadn't lost the card somewhere and everyone had to get new codes. Definitely would not have been that calm of a response at a former place of employment!

I'm afraid to say this in case those pesky Fates are listening but my work life is good! Maybe the fact I got salt water out of my bathroom sink this morning (stupid water softener is going haywire!) is the balance of karma?! ;-)

1 comment:

jeanne said...

See, they are just catching a glimpse of what we knew all along . . . You are AWESOME!