Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A midweek entry!

I'm actually posting before the week-end! I'm sure my fan base of maybe...two?....are ecstatic! lol

I did my first day "without a net" yesterday. I say without a net but I did have to ask my supervisor a couple of questions but she was great about it. But anyway, I had a couple of large deposits and one person who wanted their cash back in an odd assortment and I still balanced at the end of the day! Oh happy day!

I wish I knew why I've been getting so overly nervous and anxious about this job. I've had new jobs before and would get nervous at first but not the levels I've been hitting this time around. And the people that have trained me and that I'm working with now are great so it's not that. And I've worked with money before so that shouldn't be it either. I don't know! But at least, hopefully, maybe, perhaps I'm on the downside of that anxiety! Although in the shower this morning I realized I had put something in my proof work that I should have put elsewhere. sigh But I balanced!

Katie's had a cold for almost two weeks now and I've been fighting it. I have lost that fight. I dropped the dogs off for their grooming appt and then went straight to CVS to restock some cold meds. Hopefully they kick in soon! I've actually done pretty well in the cold/flu dept this winter (knock on wood). I'm hoping all the germs didn't just join forces to have one helluva party in my body!

Robbie has a new bus driver who apparently is "MEAN!". From what Robbie said the man stopped the bus in the middle of the road and yelled at everyone and he's going to make the 4th grade boys sit with 1st grade girls. I guess Robbie was upset when he got off the bus yesterday and Mark said all the kids looked downcast. The boy has RTC (resistance to change) along with the other issues. I think the RTC is probably a big factor for most people with OCD though. It's difficult dealing with a 9yo with this conditions in this situation. Change is a big part of life and you can't escape it no matter who you are. But what's the best way to help a 9yo who is already navigating a minefield to deal with change? We're muddling through it though. And I explained to Robbie that the bus driver is the "boss" of the bus and he has to do what he deems neccessary to keep all the kids safe on the bus. Robbie said he didn't like being told what to do and I told him he might as well accept that as a fact of life because he already has people telling him what to do and it's not going to stop! He replied "That's why I'm never gettting a job or moving out." I said "Oh.yes.you.are!" lol Oh, to be 9 again and have the whole rest of your life mapped out so certainly!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I knew you could do it! You ROCK! So proud of you!

Michelle said...

Thank you, my friend!

jeanne said...

YAY Michelle. Kel is right, you do rock!

Oh and Katie was RTC. What a nightmare. Just thought you'd like to know that they grow out of it.