Saturday, January 16, 2010

weekly update

I seem to be just getting here on the week-ends lately. But now that all my training is over and I'll be going into a "regular" schedule starting next week maybe I'll be here a tad more often once we get the routine down in the home....then again, knowing me who KNOWS what may happen! lol

My mentor week went well. I don't know why I was as nervous as I was Tuesday morning. I've started new jobs, moved to new states (and a different country once!), etc before and had been nervous but nothing like I was feeling Tuesday morning for some reason. I'm not sure if I was thinking "old dog/new tricks" or what. But my mentor was great! He's not much older than my oldest kidlet but he didn't make me feel like a dinosaur! He seems to have the same dry sense of humor I do too so that helped. I know I'm still going to have to ask my supervisor for some guidance time to time in the beginning but I'm pretty confident I can at least get people's deposits done correctly!

So now I have this three day week-end laying before me and I'm wondering what to do with it. There's the typical household cleaning stuff and I need to go do some shoe shopping for work. Mark and Robbie both need some shoes too....have I ever mentioned how much I HATE shoe shopping? And then the trick will be to not waste so much time online and maybe get some scrapbooking accomplished or try to read through the stack of library books due back soon. And at some point I think Mark and I are going to have to take the dishwasher apart and see why it's not rinsing well at all. I pray they didn't crimp the water line or something when they were fixing the leak and then pouring in new cement!

And I was going to borrow something from Jeanne's blog but can't get it to c/p for some reason. I'll try again later...hopefully before next week!

1 comment:

jeanne said...

I hope they didn't cement the dishwasher to the floor. j/k.

Theft??? Can I help?