Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's been awhile

It's been almost a month since I've blogged. I wish I could tell you (and by you, I'm thinking it's just Jeanne and Kelli who are reading!) that it's because I've been living a fabulously exciting life and had no time to write but alas, I'd be lying! (It's so easy to use the word "alas" when writing but how often do you hear it used in vocal conversation?!)

It's just been a routine kind of life lately which sometimes is a nice thing. Take care of the family, go to work, fight this never-ending crud that won't seem to completely let go of any of its victims, be Cookie Mom for Katie's troop and swear, once again, that I will NEVER do it again. I think I mean it this time though. I don't want to go publicly into details but it's just been frustrating on my end. I was told I was the "odd one" for being responsible and on top of things (and not saying all the other parents are irresponsible parents) and I just don't have the need to add that frustration to my life again.

There's also been the never-ending snow this year. I think this year it's just been spread out over a longer period so it just feels worse. We did have glorious sunshine yesterday but today it's lightly snowing again and the weather folks are saying it's going to get pretty ugly Sunday and/or Monday. I was threatening to find the bleepin' groundhog and hang him last week.

Bright spot is, even though I didn't think I'd make it this year, I'm going to Get Scrappy in Wichita at the end of March! I'll get to hang out at the "noisy, cool kids" table again and hopefully get some mass quantities of layouts scrapped! Ok, with all the laughing and noise there may be not be mass quantities!

And now I've rambled for a bit and it's time to go serve some food at my cafe on Facebook!

4 comments:

jeanne said...

YAY! She's back!!!! Did you save me some thin mints??? Giggle.

a chick named Toni... said...

Hey girl! It is great that you are coming back for some fun! Wish I could attend.

Kelli said...

I heard a rumor you were going to Wichita! Glad it wasn't just idle gossip! :o)

Kelli said...

oh and I need some COOKIES!