Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday

Original title, no? I just don't have it in me to be overly creative today! Yesterday I felt fine and then yesterday evening it felt like the mother of all head colds just suddenly appeared and now I have the fuzzy thinking, sore throat, earache, blah, blah, blah. Apparently I gave Mark a taste of what it's like to sleep next to him. I woke up around 2:15 and he wasn't there so I went downstairs and he was on the couch sleeping. He said I was "sawing logs". I wish I could say it was just his own log sawing he was hearing but the way my sinuses feel I have to admit it was probably me! I had thought about going to Archiver's today just to look around but I'm in my sweats and don't plan on leaving the house. I foresee a nap in my future!

I took Robbie in for his blood draw yesterday. The lab tech used a butterfly needle thankfully so it went smoother than he had anticipated. He didn't watch her taking the blood but then wanted to see the vials afterwards. A boy thing? I know when I have to have blood drawn, I don't mind doing it, but I have no need to see it!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and my and Mark's 17th anniversary! Robbie has a party at school today and had to make a milk jug "bottle beastie" per his teacher. He decided he wanted his to be one of the Pokemon characters. I had serious doubts as to how we'd pull this off but he assured us he had a picture in his head and we managed to bring it to "life". He chose Caterpie since it's a nice Pokemon. Since Caterpie doesn't have a mouth the opening for the Valentines is cut out of the back of the jug behind the handle.


Pretty cool? I thought so! And we got to play with my Cricut to cut out Caterpie's eyes and his heart underbelly!
Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Wow! Tell Robbie I am VERY impressed with his creation! Good job! :)

And I'm sorry you're feeling yucky. :( Take some vitamin C and spray yourself in Lysol. *hehe*

Kimpossible said...

Very nice bottle beastie, Robbie!!! Oh, and GREAT job on your brave boy blood draw. Dylan does better with a butterfly too.

I can sooo relate to the "sawing logs" senario. That's the only thing I don't miss when Brian is on the road!!! LOL Good Grief, I cant believe he doesn't wake HIMSELF up, *haha*.

Hang in there, Im sorry you don't feel good.