Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Winter Reprieve

This morning I woke up to 54 degrees. Faaaabuloussss! Especially when you consider last Tuesday was when we had four inches of snow in three hours! It's cloudy and rainy off and on but it feels like an early, balmy spring day...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! And we'll ignore the fact they're calling for possible snow on Saturday. Ssssssssshhhhhhhhh!

I took the dogs out for a walk this morning. I defintely have girl dogs because they squeal like teeny-boppers when they see their leashes! "Oh Mom, oh Mom, we're going for a walk?! Really?! Oh, I'm so excited!!!!" Yes, I often imagine the conversations my dogs have! Don't judge me! ;-)
Apparently Belle thought Daisy's side had the better smells or something because she was trying to push her out the way here. I think Belle has adopted the philosophy of "I'm old, I'll walk when I'm ready to walk, lady!" She'll be 13 in May so maybe she's earned that right but not enough to continually try to trip me! We all know how graceful I am anyway!


There really is a sun hiding behind there! It can hide all it wants if it stayed in the 50s/60s for longer than today!

This is one of the ponds in the neighborhood. I wonder how long that ball has been out on the ice? Now it's more slush than ice. I wonder if the owner is waiting for it all to melt and the ball to get pushed back to the edge of the pond by the waves?
Daisy, in the brief moment she'd actually look at me and not everything else!


Belle NOT looking at me. "I've spent all winter looking at you!"

Now both doggies are snoring away. But I bet if I grabbed those leashes again they'd find some energy!

2 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Oh I'm SO glad to hear you got to enjoy a nice day outside!!! 54 degrees?!? Did you wear a bikini?? *hehe*

(LOVE the pictures!!!)

jeanne said...

Michelle, you crack me up. LOVE it. Great post.