Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a blog rerun

It is snowing AGAIN. Robbie and I stood at the bus stop just under five minutes and I had to dump the snow off his backpack before he got on the bus and our footprints were almost covered on my trek back to the house. Stuck record I know but (close your eyes if need be!) I AM SICK OF SNOW!!! Well, it's more like I'm sick of winter. Snow is pretty if you don't have to go anywhere. Cold weather makes me hurt (whimpering over the twinges in my right hip as I type). I try to make myself feel better by telling myself that the cold temps help keep the bug population under control so we can go outside in warm weather and enjoy it more. I'll get back to you on if that's working or not! I just heard on the radio that temps have been falling all morning and the wind chill is now -1. Major sigh.

This morning I got Robbie out of bed by my talking about wishing for warm breezes, budding flowers and "little bunnies hopping through the yard". When I got the bunnies his eyes popped open and he said "WHAT?!" in a tone of voice that makes me think he's questioning his mom's sanity! Perhaps rightfully so!

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

I really feel for you Michelle!! I'm a self-proclaimed "Snow lover" but I know I couldn't handle as much as you've had! I don't blame you for being antsy for spring and sunshine and bunny rabbits. *haha*