Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bring on the rain

Yes, I'm now channeling JoDee Messina and have that song going through my head for a few reasons today. (Is it frightening to anyone out there how many people seem to live in my head?! I wonder if this is how Jeff Dunham got started?!)

Anywho....it's been raining ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL day today and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow I don't think. Starting this afternoon and throughout the evening hours we're supposed to have t-storms and wind gusts of 50-60 mph. If they were blowing in the right direction maybe I could wake up in the morning and say "Daisy, I think we're in Kansas again!" It's easier for us all if you just go with it!

My son also had a doctor's appointment this morning and tomorrow morning he gets to go in for a fasting blood test. He's been losing weight that he can't afford to lose and in the past month he's lost another two pounds. Which would be nothing to most of us but at age 8.5 on a kid who was skinny to begin with it's kind of a big deal! The pants that used to be snug on him are almost falling off of him now. sigh

The past few months have been rough on the poor kid and being a mom I find ways to feel guilty about it. I think that's normal mom behavior. It makes me heartsick to know that something inside my son is fighting against him and I can't fight it for him.

But together with his doctor, his dad and I and him are going to find a way to beat whatever all this is! So again I say ala Jo Dee Messina "Bring On The Rain"!

Another day has almost come and gone
Can’t imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes I’d like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war (‘cause)

Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It’s almost like the hard times circle ‘round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I’m not dead

Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

I’m not gonna let it get me down
I’m not gonna cry
And I’m not gonna lose any sleep tonight

So bring on the rain

2 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

Hang in there Michelle. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are a good mama!

jeanne said...

You can do this!