Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF

It's been a day full of irritations and I was going to rant but sitting here typing I thought "I don't even want to go through the whole nit-noid mess again!" so instead I utter that familiar refrain when things start to irritate me in Indiana.....I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.


I will say that when we went to the ice cream social at Robbie's new school last night (more irritation there!) we had a surprise. We walked into his classroom, saw his teacher and we all thought she looked like she could have been a sister to his teacher from last year. Those of you who heard stories from second grade would understand why that might not neccessarily be a good thing! When I, she who hates personal confrontation, actually says as politely as possible to a teacher "I don't think at this point it would matter what he did, it would still be wrong." that should tell you something! But it's a new year and a new school. Funny story although it might not reflect well on my son's intelligence...lol....his desk is in a group of three and the father of the girl in his group was sitting in the third student's (who wasn't there) desk. He stuck his hand out to Robbie and said "Hi, I'm XXXX" and said the name written on the desk. Robbie just said hi and started unpacking his stuff but when we were eating supper last night he said "How OLD was that guy?! And how many times do you think he's been in third grade???" Mark and I lost it!


Then later on in the night the three of us were watching Ace of Cakes on Food Network while Katie was playing on the computer. They were making a cake for the premiere of Kung Fu Panda and one guy was working on dragons. Out of the blue my son starts singing Puff the Magic Dragon! What do you do when you're almost 8yo son starts singing folk songs from way before he was born? Why you start singing along of course! After we composed ourselves from cracking up Mark and I sang along with him.


I can't imagine a world without the Robtar!


3 comments:

jeanne said...

Robatar ROCKS! Gotta love that boy.

a chick named Toni... said...

Michelle I wish I could have worked with you before you left. You crack me up! I just love the way you describe the events in your life! Your kids are so funny! You MUST rent Kit Kittredge when it comes out on dvd. Sidney and I really liked it!

Nikki said...

You are a hoot. I really miss you, Trouble.