Wednesday, August 27, 2008



Just a picture I took at Turkey Run State Park in July. It makes me think of the line "Tree stars" from The Land Before Time even though the baby dinosaurs were talking about leaves to eat and not the light coming through the leaves. It's another one of those pictures to me that my definition of the photo changes with my mood. My friend, Kelli, has an amazing bench shot like that in her amazing Ireland photos. I want to take pictures like her when I grow up!

I was trying to find a song in iTunes today and can't find the original version of it. What About Me? by Moving Pictures. One of those emotion saturated pop songs from the 80s but I've always liked it a lot just the same. I found the video on YouTube today and it is definitely an 80s video! And in a sidenote I never realized until today that they were the same group that sang Never on the Footloose soundtrack. The song playing when Kevin Bacon (and his dance double) is dancing his angry dance......another emotionally saturated moments of the 80s! C'mon what femal teen in the 80s wasn't waiting for Ren to dance his way to her and ready to tell Lori Singer what she could do with those skanky red boots?!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I know what you mean about those 80's songs. Some days you are just in the mood to listen to them all day long. I have trouble finding some on itunes as well. Love ya!

jeanne said...

Gorgeous shot. Love when the light finds its way through.