Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday Boy

Yesterday Robtar (nicknamed as a baby after Reptar from Rugrats) turned 8. There are two things my son knows very well and they are Pokemon and all things Star Wars. We debate over which set of movies is better. I say the original three movies (Luke Skywalker and Han Solo??? le siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!) and he votes for the newer set of three. We saw the animated movie The Clone Wars yesterday. It was better than I anticipated but still loooooooooong in some parts and no Luke or Han in sight! It was fun to watch Robbie get so into it though and he and Katie were whispering over a couple of scenes a few times.
So what do you get a Star Wars expert? Why this of course!


And I can bake pretty well but I can't decorate a cake all purdy to save my life! My kids have come to love those candy letters and decorations on their birthday cakes! Katie wanted to decorate this year so I let her go to town. The two orange stick looking things are light sabers. I did one and Katie did the other. Hey, have YOU ever tried to make a light saber out of icing???
I didn't think so!

4 comments:

~Samantha said...

I see his teeth are still missing :) maybe for Christmas? Has he spent all his money yet? you know since he's loaded now

Unknown said...

Nope, he hasn't gone anywhere to spend it yet and can't until tomorrow at the earliest, it's about to do him in!

Sarah :) said...

I LOVE those candy cake topper things!! It's a tragedy that "professional" cake decorators don't use them more often. :)
And tell Katie she did a very nice job...and BOTH of the light sabers are impressive. (I've never tried to draw ANYTHING with icing so I'm giving you a virtual pat on the back.)

jeanne said...

Happy birthday Robbie and great cake. Call me crazy but I love homemade cakes with homemade decorations. They are the things memories are made of.