Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I laughed, I cried...

and now I worry that I'm traumitizing my oldest every time I type or say "dot, dot, dot"! Those of you that have seen Mamma Mia will get that! lol

So I was going to write about this last night but after Gilligan's, I mean Robbie's, tour on the bus that was just too good to not write about! Yes, we're concerned that his bus driver doesn't know what the heck she's doing (she was late again this morning) but we had to laugh about it too. I kept singing "Where in the world is Robbie's scho-ool bus" last night. I'm just so witty!

But anyway...(heehee) while the kids were at school Mark and I went to see Mamma Mia yesterday. First time we've been somewhere without the kids since we were house hunting over my birthday I think! We were both laughing out loud several times during the movie and both trying to stifle the chair dancing during the songs. And then it happened. The scene where Merryl sings Slipping Through My Fingers. I had read the lyrics on Jeanne's blog and thought they were very sweet but couldn't place the song. That in no way prepared me for the impact of the movie scene and the lyrics put together! I sat there with tears literally FLOWING down my face and trying to not sob out loud so I wouldn't ruin the movie for others in the theater. For a good five minutes I sat there silently sobbing. And I thought I was a cynical person! I could apply the lyrics to my own life though and I was just verklempt! But we loved the movie so much we went straight to the Borders in the same shopping plaza and bought the soundtrack. I listened to it before the kids got home from school (well, before Katie got home since Robbie was on a pleasure cruise!) and I got weepy again during that song. Just rip out my mother-beating-heart and stomp on it why don't they?!

Now for the mundane...I took the van to Midas this morning for an overdue oil change and to find out why a low tire pressure light seemed to be stuck on since the tires looked fine to me. One of us ran over a nail and it was embedded in the tire and it was slowly losing pressure. Glad I took the van up there! So they repaired the tire, changed the oil and changed out the air filter. The guy brought it in to show me and said we didn't have to change it out but the thing was FILTHY. I asked him how much it would be to change it and he said "$900". I gave him the "I am not amused" look that my children know oh so well and he said "I'm kidding, I'm kidding! $19.95 and it's changed!" Hopefully his comic stylings will improve by the next time I go in there! lol

I went to Target after that and got Robbie's birthday present and because I AM such a cool mom I bought the kids the new Jonas Brothers cd that came out today. I'm told that someday Nick Jonas will be my son-in-law. 11 yo and she has her future planned out!

Eventually I'll get the few first day of school pictures uploaded to the computer. I only got one of Katie because she was giving me the "Mooooooooooooooom" attitude. We talked about how when she gets nervous she gets snarly. No idea where she gets that! 0:-)

6 comments:

~Samantha said...

I only have your sticky eraser thingy you took all the good stuff...I have to buy a basic gray paper fily thing, an eyelet setter, and I had to buy a trimmer and a fastenater (cuz that was on sale)

AND I have inherited your disease...I now compulsively collect paper so thanks!

Sarah :) said...

Don't forget, Samantha, you need a Cricut. ;)

Michelle I'm glad you liked Mamma Mia! I enjoyed it too...although the only part that made me want to cry was Pierce Brosnan's singing. ;)

Sarah :) said...

Michelle! I think of you EVERY TIME I hear our "WhooHoo" song!! Now that we can't listen to BOB FM anymore I never get to hear our New Kids tune... :(

Oh and P.S. Your daughter really has developed a full-fledge Scrapbook addiction. You'd be so proud. :)

a chick named Toni... said...

This sounds like an adventure for the first day of school. I just can't wait to hear what happens next!

Nikki said...

WOW. I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what happens next.

Kelli said...

I even got choked up at "slipping through my fingers" and I'm not a mom! HA!

And I got the soundtrack for my birthday from a very sweet friend, so I loaded it on my iPod and use it as walking inspiration some mornings! I'm afraid I'll break out into song or dance though. ha!