Monday, June 14, 2010

Just rambling

We lost a tree during our thunderstorm yesterday evening. It wasn't a huge tree but still it had nest in it and had been home to some baby birds. I'm hoping they were strong enough to fly away before the recorded 74 mph wind gust came through! Or they were at least strong enough to "wind surf" with the gust. They're probably setting up home in Ohio or Pennsylvannia at this point! But that makes two evenings in a row when storms have rolled through. Makes me wonder what tonight may bring!

I'm taking the boy to the doctor today and I'm a little nervous about it, hence my rambling! His gait has always been a bit "off" compared to other kids. A doctor two years ago told us to try getting him on a bicycle because she had read that can help. We tried to get him on a bike and even got the kid a new bike (since his other one was too small) for his birthday last year when that was not what he really wanted. He tried to ride it but he just can't keep his balance on it. I noticed about a month ago when I was following him down the stairs that his one leg turns almost perpinduclar to the other when he goes downstairs. You can also notice it when he runs. He's made comments about how he's no good at the things they do in PE and I think other kids may have been saying things. This week-end after scout camp he mentioned to Mark that he thought he needed to see the doctor about his leg and feet so we're wondering if something was said at camp too. Which with kids being kids is a good possibility.

I feel so badly for him. He's had a tough road the past couple of years. But he's developed a wicked sense of humor with a flair for sarcasm! (No idea where he may get that DNA from!)

I'm hoping they can refer us to physical therapy or something and not in the direction of surgery which is where my worried Mom mind wants to go but I keep telling it to STOP! Hopefully there will be some exercises or stretches or something we can do.

No comments: