Friday, March 26, 2010

Road Trip

After a somewhat chaotic afternoon at work Sam and I hit the road. We stopped in Vandalia, IL at a Sonic and got our first Sonic fix of the week-end...YUM! However it caused the need for a rest stop and for some reason Sam didn't think we should stop in a rest area late at night! Just because I mentioned the most recent Criminal Minds episode we watched?! We stopped for gas and a potty break in a well lit area but even that felt kind of creepy. It's funny how even though I think I'm an independent "hear me roar" kind of woman I still feel safer with Mark around in certain situations! But we made it through some rain and some heavy traffic in spots and got to Columbia, MO and stopped for the night. I just don't sleep well outside of my own home anymore for some reason so I slept for maybe 15 minutes at a time and not too many times! A cup of coffee or two the next morning though and I was ready to hit the road.

We hit some rain and a lot of areas that looked like they had had downpours but thankfully we missed that while driving! We got through KC and stopped at a QT (and it wasn't me who needed the potty break that time! lol) and I got a French Vanilla cappacino...aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Yes, it's a convience store cappy but it's the BEST one I've ever had!

We got to Wichita at lunch time and Sam picked Louie's for lunch. Fried green beans?! Who knew they'd be so yummy?! We got to check into the hotel early and then Sam dropped me off with Mary and she met up with some of her friends. And now I'll spare you the play by play for now! LOL

It's good to be back here visiting but I also think that we both have found some closure. I can't speak for Sam but I think it's finally hit me that while I loved living in Wichita and it will always be full of fond memories it's no longer "home". I guess it's time to start forcing some roots in Indy. (But Mark and I both agree we'd like to find a different neighborhood to live in within the next couple of years!) Sam and I agree that growing up sometimes sucks (and I hate using that word but it fits this situation).

And I'll cut this short because soon it will be time to head to Get Scrappy!!!

No comments: