Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday......???

Musings goes well with Monday but for poor old Friday all I can think of is Flatulence and while that may be an accurate description of my bloggings I still don't want to use it! lol

Friday Findings??? Well, I don't think I'm really finding anything though.

Friday Fiascos??? No, that doesn't work either, it's been a calm day today.

Friday FillInTheBlank/ForgetAboutItAndTypeAlready??? Ding, ding, ding we have a "weiner"! Although the alliteration is not that good!

I picked Katie up at the school an hour ago after her three day 7th grade camping trip. We hadn't even pulled away from the light at the school when the 'TUDE made it's presence known. I had hoped that she'd either be so weary or so thankful to be home that we'd get through the night at least before Tudezilla showed up. Alas, it just wasn't meant to be! I know I'm asking too much of a brain that will turn 13 on Sunday but in all my parental glory I've been known to slip and wonder WHY??? Why almost 13 yo brain would you think it's a good idea to get that snot-nosed tone in your voice and to talk in the manner that is going to get you into trouble?!? And then, it hits my 43 yo brain....."WHY ARE YOU ASKING WHY?! IT'S AN ALMOST 13 YO BRAIN, FOOL!!!" And then I clear away the steam that came pouring out of my ears and go find a quiet spot until the next eruption!

Monday at work we are starting Mission SlimPossible. It's open to everyone who works for the bank no matter what building/state they are in and it's going to last for six weeks. it will work something like The Biggest Loser. We'll turn in our percentage of weight loss each week (after the initial weigh in Monday) and see who wins. I'm not sure if we're just winning bragging rights or what but it's certainly a good motivational tool to finally get me started and to keep going. I can get started, I just quit! One of my co-workers pointed out the other day that if we don't try during the week it affects the whole team and not just ourselves. That was the point I thought "Oh craaaaaaaap!" GUILT! Guilt is a good motivator! I do well during the day but for some reason at night I want to snack. And exercise and I have not been very close buddies either. Time to get reacquainted! UGH! I don't mind hiking or doing stuff like that but I hate exercising just for the sake of exercising. I know it's good for you but it feels like I'm wasting time because I'm not accomplishing anything right then and there, you know? Like getting to point B, or smacking a ball, or whatever! Oh well, time to just do it anyway! Almost sounds like a sportswear ad, doesn't it?! Hey?! Does that count for anything?!!

If anyone has any good "gettin' healthy" tips, lay'em on me!

2 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

Hey that sounds great about the slim down work thing. If you like to snack at night just try to find healthier choices. Do you like yogurt? You can mix vanilla yogurt with bitesized pieces of fruit...yum-o! If you have a sweet tooth it helps!

jeanne said...

but she'll turn 21 before you know it . . .

Does that help???? No?

Now we know why some species eat their young.

Happy Birthday, Katie!!!!