Friday, August 14, 2009

Sweet, sweet bliss!

Today, for the first time since the end of May, I am completely alone in the house! Well, with the exception of Belle, Daisy and Lucky but they're all fairly quiet housemates! I am fighting another stupid barometer headache but it's tolerable since it's quiet! The sad thing is I have less than 30 mintues until the first one is due home! I love my family but it's so true that absence makes the heart grow fonder sometimes, especially after a crappy summer! lol

I talked to Mary for an hour today and while talking to her the mailman brought me the cardstock I ordered from Rocky Mountain Hobbies. Absolutely wuuuuuuuuuunerful hour!!! Archiver's was out of all the cardstock that the Bazzill matchmaker said matches the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday line. I found maybe half of it online at RMH but they were out of colors too. What gives? Inspiration struck everyone at once?! Oh well, I also ordered some clearanced paper from RMH too to make it "worth the shipping costs". ;-) And surprisingly it was only a few sheets! Showing restraint in my old age!

Tuesday we had the meeting at school and I thought it went very well. His teacher this year really seems to enjoy her job and the challenges of teaching "gifted" kids and she had already done some online research on the issues Robbie's dealing with. She said, and I agree, that she thought we were going to work well together and get the boy successfully through 4th grade! I think I'm just going to love her!

We had some MAJOR snafus with the bus routes but I THINK (knock wood) that as of this morning we've worked our problems out. It sounds like there were problems throughout the district. I got thanked for being so pleasant everytime I called the transportation office. I didn't think I was acting all that special so they must have been getting some really cranky calls. There's some road construction messing things up on our side of town so I'm sure that isn't helping the bus drivers either. Not a job I'd want to do so I'll stay pleasant until they give me reason otherwise. I can't blame the first day snafus or construction on them though!

I know another round of Tropical Storm Crap is out there but for now I'm just going to enjoy the lull! And maybe....eventually....scrapbook something!

2 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

Wonderful! I am so excited for you that Robbie has a nice teacher. It really says a lot about her that she would do some research and look into it and talk to you about how she can help him through this year! That's exactly what he needs!!!

So good to hear you ordered some scappin stuff! I have been hard pressed to find an actual "store" that had the selection of "that place" but have managed to fill in with some pretty cool places online. I can't wait to see some of your pages!

Glad to hear you talked to Mary! I know you both have probably needed to hear from each other!

Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Toni, thank you for sharing in my excitement! I really think this can be a great year for Robbie!

I know what you mean about "that place". I was telling Mary yesterday about my cardstock search and how there was no way I'd call "that place". I don't think I'm holding a grudge (ok, maybe a small one!) but I don't want to support their business practices any longer. Just a drop in the bucket, I know, but in this market those drops can add up!