Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mini catch up

I'm supposed to be getting things ready to go visit my parents so I will keep this entry brief...well brief for me anyway! lol

First, I just want to thank everyone who offered their condolences over my uncle. I appreciate it very much. Monday was the funeral. How does one describe a funeral??? Saying it was "nice" seems odd to me but I guess as funerals go it was nice. I saw a lot of family I haven't seen in five or six years and some longer than that. The kids did really well. I was impressed by them both. There was some family drama over the week-end but thankfully we missed it! Back in B.C. (Before Children) it always seemed exciting to witness family drama firsthand. The older I get the less I want to see it! Just give the Cliff Notes version and I'm fine! I'll spare you the details but I wasn't surprised by the names I heard that were causing it! I told my mom that it wasn't a family get-together without drama and then quoted from St. Elmo's Fire, "It's not a party until something gets broken!"

My uncle was buried close to where my grandma is buried. I went over to her marker and bawled like a baby. It's been 15 years and I can still lose it like she just died yesterday. I really miss her and wish Katie and Robbie would have gotten the chance to meet her and that she'd see how well Samantha is doing. She would have been so proud of her!

Tuesday I went on Robbie's third grade field trip to the art museum. I want to go back sometime just the family and really check it out. Some cool art there! I'll go into further detail on that trip later maybe.

Today I met one of my online AOL Scrapbooking message board friends! Elaine and I have e-mailed for a few years now and she's been one who has really listened and talked to me over all the stuff Robbie's been going through. I had a great time visiting with her and her daughter over lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. None of us had any cheesecake though! I was stuffed after my crabcake sandwich but I did bring some cheesecake home for me, Mark and Katie to eat later tonight. I'll try to get Robbie to eat some but I bet he won't!




And lastly here's a layout I worked on last week. It's from our first trip to the Children's Museum last summer. I used one of Becky Higgins' sketches for the layout idea. I took her idea and tweaked it so it worked for me. Did you notice there were ten, count'em TEN, photos on there?! I even used some Bazzill chipboard letters I've had for awhile! The ones I covered are covered with Bo Bunny's new birthday paper line. The papers are double-sided and I used the "non" birthday side. I originally planned to use more of it but decided there were enough colors in the photos so I kept it simple.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great layout, Michelle!