Friday, November 28, 2008

So tired it hurts

I've not been sleeping well lately. Throw in gettting up early yesterday to start Thankgiving dinner and even earlier this morning to take Samantha out shopping and now I am so tired that it literally hurts. At least the past two days have been better reasons that before so I'll attempt to deal with and not fall over in a stupor!

We hit Michael's last night and I got some Cricut cartridges and my mom got me the Jukebox for Christmas. YAY! Today we hit Target, Kohl's, Wal-mart and Archiver's. I could not believe the line outside Target and could not believe that in going to Target I attempted to drive the wrong way down an I-69 exit ramp because I was thinking in my exhausted stupor I was at the side street already. @@ Thankfully I recognized my mistake quickly and no harm done other than probably a concerned motorist who had been sitting at the light!

Robbie has slept in the past couple of days and we haven't given him the Adderall yesterday or today for fear he wouldn't be able to get to sleep at night. I have to say his behavior since last night is a strong argument to NOT give him any more meds. He actually let Mark pick him up this afternoon, he's still not touching with his fingers a whole lot but it's better than it had been the past two weeks and he actually seems happy today. Getting a sketch pad and some colored pencils may have helped too but it's like having more of "old Robbie" back. Last night he even kept a graph of how many licks it took him to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop. Today he's laughing at how sore his tongue is. Now THAT is "old Robbie"!

I e-mailed with his teacher earlier this week and she hasn't noticed any improvement since going on the meds either and thinks he's been more emotional. She told me that she admits she's not a doctor or therapist but she was surprised by the ADD diagnosis. I think we're going back to square one even if I tick off some medical professionals. Even with a house full of people it's felt more like us than it has in two weeks.

2 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

Who cares about ticking off medical professionals? You do what you think is best! Hang in there girl! Get some rest and try to take care of you too! K?

Kelli said...

(((((((Michelle))))) I hope you're losing some of your angsty-ness.

Love ya!